Friday, March 19, 2010

Cake Stands On A Budget

I was in charge of our RS B-Day dinner and of course I forgot to take my camera and take pictures of it all set up. It was cute. Think lots of balloons, scrapbook paper and cupcakes on these stands at the center pieces on the tables.
I had originally wanted to buy cupcake trees to use for the centerpieces, but I didn't have $100 to spend on them and there was also the issue of where we would store them and what other activity we would use them for. So I headed to the dollar store to make my alternative.
All it took was some glasses and plates.
I hot glued the cups to the plates and they held up just fine for the evening, but if I were to make cake stands that I wanted to use again and again I would have used epoxy.
I think that our RS president took pictures at the dinner. Maybe I can get a hold of some to show you how it all turned out. No one guessed that the cake stands weren't real. I think it would be fun to do some tiered ones or make them different heights for another activity or party. For 2 buck you can't really go wrong!

No comments: